Folding an attribute

pantangi_shekarpantangi_shekar Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello all,

Is it possible to fold few attributes into a column and their values of each attribute into an other column .

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Raj.

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Yes it is. Look at using Generate Attributes for this. 

• pantangi_shekarpantangi_shekar Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

Yeah. I did look at the functions in generate attributes operator. Can you please help me out with the operator?

Best,

Raj

Yeah. I looked at the functions in generate attributes operator. But I couldn't find it. Can you please help me out with the specific operator, that is used to do this?

Best,

Raj

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

use the search bar in the Operator view and search for "Generate Attributes."

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi Raj,

You could e.g. generate an Attribute named Concatenated and use the function concat(Att1,"_",Att2) to concatenate the values of the polynominal Attributes Att1 and Att2 using an underscore.

If you can you provide a short example what you have and what result you are expecting, we could provide a more detailed help.

Best,

Edin

I have used de-pivot operator to achieve it.

Appreciate your help.

Best,

Raj