Fraud Detection

flaviorrrlflaviorrrl Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello!

I wonder if anyone knows of an example that makes fraud detection. Does anyone know a simple and practical example in RapidMiner? I plan to detect fraud and not find what the best algorithm to detect fraud.

Thank U!

Regards,
flavirrrl

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    I did a proof-of-concept in fraud detection once.

Basically, we created a lot of additional attributes from the transaction data (like the number of transactions on one day compared with the number of monthly and weekly transactions, the transaction amount compared to averages, if the amount was a round number, if the same transaction was repeated, if the partner in the transaction was new or existing, if there was a security related event like password change).

The best performing learners were W-RandomForest, AdaBoosted Decision Tree and SVM.
  • flaviorrrlflaviorrrl Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    Thanks Balázs Bárány for the reply!

You have a data set and can share to test in RapidMiner?

Regards,
    FLávio Loureiro
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Sorry, this was a consulting project at a client. I can't share more details.
  • salmibobsalmibob Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    I came across this article that thoroughly answers what automobile insurance fraud is. Its elements and types? How to fight it? And what challenges in detecting fraud in automobile insurance?
  • Vaibhav557Vaibhav557 Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    first create basic logistic regression model, later you can change models and optimize parameters and use best out of that.