"GUI Display Problems: Excel example Source Meta Data View"

TheBearTheBear Member Posts: 18 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi, I tried to load some data via excel example source into rapidminer and
the meta data view looks pretty distorted. Even after several minutes of waiting I dont see any changes.
Maybe my system is a bit slow (1 G RAM, Pentium M 1.8 GHz) but the Excel file is just one meg.
Is that a normal symptom of not enough system ressources?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tagged:

Answers

• TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 294 RM Product Management
    Hi,
    TheBear wrote:

Is that a normal symptom of not enough system ressources?
    no, it is not. Seems to be a bug. Could you have a look into your OS console, see if an exception is thrown and post the error message in here?

Thanks,
    Tobias
  • TheBearTheBear Member Posts: 18 Maven
    I am starting Rapidminer via icon from Win.
    Not sure how to start it via commandline. Maybe you can give me a hint for that.

But I changed the sourcefile a bit and now it works (at least for my problem).
    The first row contained some parts of description and the second row the names of the data.
    Once i deleted the first row it smoothly worked.
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    with the next release there will be a parameter to skip the first n rows and columns. That will save a lot of deletion work in the future :)

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • TheBearTheBear Member Posts: 18 Maven
    I am now using a different system (and the old file with more than one line of comments at the beginning).
    Console says:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 68
            at com.rapidminer.example.NominalStatistics.getValueCount(NominalStatistics.java:126)                                                                               
            at com.rapidminer.example.NominalStatistics.getStatistics(NominalStatistics.java:99)                                                                               
            at com.rapidminer.example.set.AbstractExampleSet.getStatistics(AbstractExampleSet.java:587)                                                                         
            at com.rapidminer.gui.viewer.MetaDataViewerTableModel.getValueAt(MetaDataViewerTableModel.java:285)                                                                 
            at com.rapidminer.gui.tools.TableSorter.getValueAt(TableSorter.java:323)     
            at javax.swing.JTable.getValueAt(JTable.java:2639)                           
            at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5653)                       
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paintCell(BasicTableUI.java:2072)     
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paintCells(BasicTableUI.java:1974)     
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paint(BasicTableUI.java:1770)         
            at javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(ComponentUI.java:143)                 
            at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(JComponent.java:763)                 
            at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1027)                         
            at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)                 
            at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)                         
            at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(JViewport.java:747)                           
            at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5122)
            at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(BufferStrategyPaintManager.java:285)
            at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1128)
            at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5070)
            at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4880)
            at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:723)
            at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:679)
            at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:659)
            at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(SystemEventQueueUtilities.java:128)
            at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the ExcelExampleSource doesn't work with more than one line of comments, yet. You have to change to developer branch in cvs, wait for the next release or simply delete the first comment lines.

Greetings,
      Sebastian