Handling Checkboxes values

YacineBaroudiYacineBaroudi Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,
New to Rapidminer here. I have an excel file containing data from checkboxes questions; i.e one question exports it's answers into multiple columns. Answers are indicated by a 1 where the respondent checked the answer option.
This causes a lot of cells to be marked as "missing data" which is not really. Before applying some of concatenation scheme to the raw data and R
rather than replacing the blank cells, is there a way Rapidminer can handle this type of data?
Thanks

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Hi,

you can use the "Replace Missing Values" to insert 0 into the missing fields, for example.

That operator also lets you select only a subset of attributes to act on. So if you have a text field with missing values and you'd like the missing ones in that, you can do that by selecting only the checkbox attributes.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Another neat thing about the Replace Missing Values operator is that you can select specific data types to replace. Just use the "value_type" parameter and you can select only Real values, Integer Values, Nominal Values, etc.  You'll love it, I sure do!