How to make numerical attributes nominal again?

eldenosoeldenoso Member Posts: 65 Contributor I
edited August 2019 in Help

Hello altogether,

due to the application of the K-Means-Operator I had to change the nominal attributes to numerical. The format I am confronted with now is similar to: 

attribute1 = xxx, attribute 1= yyy, attribute 2= zzz, attribute 2 = www

Cluster 1              1                        0                        0                          1
Cluster 2              0                        1                        0                          1
Cluster 1              1                        0                        1                          0

Is there another way to get the attributes back into one column each? Instead of the binary form.

Thank you :)

Philipp 

Tagged:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

Hi @eldenoso - looks like you used the "dummy coded" option when you went from nominal to numerical in order to have all numerical attributes for k-means?

If it were me, I would use the Generate Attributes operator with an expression like this: if(attribute1=="xxx","xxx","yyy") for attribute1, and very similar for attribute2.  Then use Select Attributes to remove the dummy coded attributes.

Scott