RapidMiner

Incompatible extensions after update

Contributor II

Incompatible extensions after update

Hi,

After updating my Rapidminer to 7.3 version all of my extensions became unusable and I get this error that more than once incompatible extension is running, for example, I cannot add Tableau extension anymore. When I want to reinstall extension Rapidminer says they are already installed and up to date!

Thanks for your helps in advance.

Attachments

16 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Incompatible extensions after update

Are all your extensions up to date? The Tableau one is a bit funky because they generally makes it hard to integrate nicely with other software. It might require a re-install. 

Regards,
Thomas - Community Manager
LinkedIn: Thomas Ott
Contributor II

Thanks for your answer
Yes all of them are up to date, but still I cannot access to them

Community Manager

When you installed RapidMiner, was it under the typical Program Files directory? Usually the extension are under your User/.RapidMiner directory and they are not affected by an upgrade, unless somehow the Studio installation is the in User directory.

Also check under Extensions > Manage Extensions if they are all toggled on like so:

Regards,
Contributor II

Yes! Rapidminer is under typical program files in another drive and extensions are under Users somewhere else.
So I have to uninstall Rapidminer and reinstall it in the same location as extensions or is there any other solution?

Community Manager

No, the correct location for RapidMiner Studio is under your program files directory and the extensions under your /user/.RapidMiner folder.  What version of java are you running?

Regards,
Contributor II

Version 8

Community Manager

That's odd, not sure what's going on because upgrades keep your user profile intact with your extensions.   Did you do anything else to your machine? was RapidMiner silently installed by your IT Admin?

Regards,
Highlighted
RMStaff

Hi,

If everything else fails, you could try to close RM and then delete the contents of

<user_dir>/.RapidMiner/managed

(make a backup first!) and then start RM again.  Your extensions should be gone now and you can re-install from the Marketplace.  Like Tom I have no idea what was actually causing this problem but at least I hope this will fix it.

Hope this helps,

Ingo

How to load processes in XML from the forum into RapidMiner: Read this!
Contributor II

Actually no, I did not do anything to my computer.
I download new version