Missing Attributes in Select Attributes (Subset)

AustinTAustinT RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello (again) Forum,

Looks like I might be experiencing a bug that some others have seen in versions past. I'm doing some manipulation of raw JSON from a Twitter feed and am trying to use the "Select Attributes" operator to subset the attributes carried forward in my Process. It seems that after a Pivot, the "subset" feature of Select Attributes does NOT allow me to choose attributes from my example set. What's up with that?

Here is what my data looks like after it has been Pivoted:

2016-10-17 22_10_41-__S3streamTweet_data wrangle local_ – RapidMiner Studio Trial 7.2.003 @ 21695-E6.png

And here's the Select Attributes window afterward:

2016-10-17 22_12_43-__S3streamTweet_data wrangle local_ – RapidMiner Studio Trial 7.2.003 @ 21695-E6.png

***EDIT*** I did confirm that I can manually add the missing attributes to the subset list, I can also refer to them to rename them 

Best Answers

• AustinTAustinT RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
    Solution Accepted

Pretty crazy but enabling the "Synchronize Meta Data with Real data" option in the "Process" menu fixed this issue. 

Got the idea from a similar but different issue: RapidMiner-Studio/Log-to-Data-Missing-Attribute-Names

Answers

• AustinTAustinT RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 12 Contributor II

Pretty crazy but enabling the "Synchronize Meta Data with Real data" option in the "Process" menu fixed this issue. 

• keith_drakekeith_drake Member Posts: 11 Contributor II

That did it! I had the same frustration for the past 30 minutes ... your solution fixed it! Many thanks!

• Robert_MacInnisRobert_MacInnis Member Posts: 7 Contributor II

I have the most recent recent version of RapidMiner and cannot get the Attributes List to show up.  I am using Read CSV - I added Guess Type and also clicked on the Syncronize Meta Data with Real Data.  I can type in the attribute - but it still shows an error but will run.  I don't recall seeing the same issues with the previous point release of RapidMiner.  Any help with this would be deeply appreciated as this has been frustrating.

For futher info, the Attributes dropdown was blank was missing for both Set Role and Filter Attributes

Found a solution.  Seems to work if I use Import Wizard - but not if if fill in parameters.

• hmhsinghmhsing Member Posts: 29 Maven
    After check Synchronize Meta Data with Real Data, I choose "Run anyway" in Select Attributes, the missing attributes appeared afterward. 
  • GabomarzaGabomarza Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    Telcontar120 Thanks a lot! You saved me a lot of time and frustration. I ran a loop files that then read many cvs files, then used a Select Attributes, but i couldnt get it to work until i added the attribute just like you explained.
    Thank you again!
  • User51984User51984 Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    I run into the same problem - a simple Read CSV, followed by a Select Attributes with an empty left panel. Solved it by following the above "After check Synchronize Meta Data with Real Data, I choose "Run anyway" in Select Attributes, the missing attributes appeared afterward. " for which many thanks!

Just seems foreboding ... if such a basic bug is not being fixed 4 years (!) after being reported
  • blackdiamond2021blackdiamond2021 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    In my case, by enabling the "Synchronize Meta Data with Real data" option in the "Process" menu(answers from Rapid Miner Community Forum) didn't bring any success.

I found that the reason behind this blank attribute list in select attribute subset was the meta-data and the original csv data had meta-data missing. Later, I try with "Import Configuration Wizard" option of "Read CSV" operator and then get success where this option automatically add meta-data after reading the file.
  • Catie1622Catie1622 Member Posts: 1 Learner I
    @hmhsingsame problem and it worked after doing your way. Many thanks!!