"Problem With Filter Example"

Wolfsburg2011Wolfsburg2011 Member Posts: 40 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello,
I would like to know,why I should write bei  Missing attribute in Example Filter necessarily  for example Name= \? . if I write only Name=?, I get no result.
Thanks a lot for your answer.
With Best regards,
Tagged:

Answers

• colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    Hi,

sometimes reading the operator descriptions can be really enlightening  ;)

It says:
    Note that for nominal values the question mark must be escaped ("\?") because, as noted above, a regular expression is expected in this case.

Regards
    Matthias
  • Wolfsburg2011Wolfsburg2011 Member Posts: 40 Contributor II
    Hi,
    you're right, I admit, I was blind  ;) Thank you for your Help :)
    Best Regards
    Hi,
    if write in XML code Name=\? Or Vorname=\? get me empty table ??? what could be the reason?  :'(
    thank you for your help.
    Best regards
    Hello again,

sorry, I have no clue what you are trying to do. What do you mean with "write in XML code"?? Where are you entering this? Some operator parameter? Which operator (still "Filter Examples"?) with which settings and which intention? I guess you want to filter these examples from your data where specific attributes are missing? Maybe you post the XML code of your process to help us in providing some support.

Regards
    Matthias

Hi,
    I guess you want to filter these examples from your data where specific attributes are missing?
    ja exactly, I want to do It.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.1.006">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.1.006" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="161" width="413">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.1.006" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve" width="90" x="163" y="59">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//MyRepository/Project KC/VGA 01.07.2011/VGA Data Set"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="filter_examples" compatibility="5.1.006" expanded="true" height="76" name="Filter Examples" width="90" x="313" y="75">
            <parameter key="condition_class" value="attribute_value_filter"/>
            <parameter key="parameter_string" value="Name=\? OR value="Vorname=\? "/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve" from_port="output" to_op="Filter Examples" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Filter Examples" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    Thank you for your help,
    Best Regards :)
    Hi,

did you enter the parameter value in the process view or did you enter it into the XML code manually?? Because there is one quote too much, making the code invalid. Define filter conditions by entering them into the parameter field. Again reading the operator description will be helpful:
    Please note your can define a logical OR of several conditions with || and a logical AND of two conditions with two ampersand (condition1 && condition2) - or simply by applying several ExampleFilter operators in a row.

So the correct parmeter value is
    Name=\? || Vorname=\?
    Regards
    Matthias
    Hi,
    thanks a lot. it works. :D do you know, how can I show my missing values for all attribut now in Histogram? I wrote this question  in forum. ??? for example, I can see name and gender have 5 and 16 missing value :'(