Options

READ MODEL

DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 16 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
I'm currently having a problem loading models using the READ MODEL function.  On my computer configured with Windows XP, RapidMiner 5.2.002, Java 6.0.310.5, the follwing code snippet works fine.  But on my computer configured with Windows 7, RapidMiner 5.2.001 (64-bit), Java 6.0.310.5, the same code snippet fails with the following message:

Could not read file "C:\RapidMiner\Work\LearnerMdl.mod"
Java.io.IOException: cannot read XML strem, wrong format:
org/xml/pull/v1/XmlPullParseFactory.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.2.002">
  <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
  </context>
  <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.2.002" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true" height="100" width="413">
      <operator activated="true" class="read_model" compatibility="5.2.002" expanded="true" height="60" name="Read Model" width="90" x="313" y="30">
        <parameter key="model_file" value="C:\RapidMiner\Work\LearnerMdl.mod"/>
      </operator>
      <connect from_op="Read Model" from_port="output" to_port="result 1"/>
      <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
  </operator>
</process>
This problem has me really confused.  Has anyone else experienced any similiar issues, or can suggest any fixes. I'm thinking it might be a Java compatibility issue since the same code worked previously on both my machines.

Thanks in advance..

Answers

• Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

this is a problem with your RapidMiner version. Unfortunately there was a problem with version 5.2.001 with the "org/xml/pull/v1/XmlPullParseFactory".
    I would recommend you to update to version 5.2.002 and everything should work fine.

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 16 Maven
    Nils,

Thanks for the response... I didn't realize that was a previously corrected issue.  However, since version 5.2.002 has issues with the READ CSV function, I'm awaiting the upcoming build in order to upgrade both my machines. 

Thanks again for the prompt response.

Darrell