RM Cloud processes

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
edited November 2018 in Help

Has something happened with running RM processes in RM Cloud?  I can see the Cloud Monitoring panel and of course the repository, but I cannot run a process in the cloud for the life of me.  Then I notice that there is no Cloud product help section here.  I haven't used it in a while but wanted to use it today.

Thanks.

Best Answers

• zprekopcsakzprekopcsak RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 47 Guru
    Solution Accepted

Hi Scott,

You can run in the Cloud by selecting it from the dropdown of the Run button:

cloud_process.png

Best, Zoltan

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

there has been a hickup with the RapidMiner version backing the Cloud. As a result, the new Cross Validation is currently not available there. We will fix the issue soon.

Startup time of a process is normal, as a new server needs to be spawned in the background (unless there is one on standby already). Thus process startup varies between 1 - 300 seconds. You are not billed during that time period though.

Regards,

Marco

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

Hi Scott,

I just tried and it took about 5 minutes in hardware selection before the process finally started (and finished) - this seems way too long (and might have looked to you like it did not work at all...).  This phase typically only took 20 or 30 seconds before so I assume there might be something going on...  In any case, our engineers should have a look @zprekopcsak

Cheers,

Ingo

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

Thanks, Ingo.  I actually can no longer get the "Run process on RM Cloud" to show up any more.  I haven't done this in a while but I have saved the process in the cloud and logged in.  The repository is there and the Cloud Monitor is there.  Just cannot get it to give me the option to run.  What am I missing?

Scott

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

duh.  Thank you Zoltan.  I searched forever and forgot to look there.  FWIW, I was thinking that it should be in the menu labeled "Process" under the item labeled "Run process locally" or near where it says "Run process on server" at the bottom.  My eyes just did not see the drop-down there as 99% of the time I just press run.  :)

Scott

• zprekopcsakzprekopcsak RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 47 Guru

No worries, this is good feedback. I think we just need to include it in the menu as well to make sure people find it. @browley@TobiasMalbrecht@jpuente