Rapid miner extending to Visual basic

pemguinkplpemguinkpl Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

May i know possible for rapid miner extension the process to visual basic loading the data?

Any comment???

Thank you!

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I must admit that I don't really understand the question, but I'll try to provide an answer anyway.
    If you are asking whether you can use Visual Basic to prepare/fetch/load/etc some data and then save it somewhere and then have a RapidMiner process load it, sure, why not.
    But you could also use a Visual Basic script to execute a java program which does the required preparation and process execution.

Regards,
    Marco
  • pemguinkplpemguinkpl Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    Hi,

sorry that i give the unclear question, my mean is controlling rapid miner through VB, accessing rapid miner datasets through VB, and using rapid miner data to make reports. An example of a report that was automatically created with this method. Save as doc. or excel. 

"If you are asking whether you can use Visual Basic to prepare/fetch/load/etc some data and then save it somewhere and then have a RapidMiner process load it, sure, why not."

If rapid miner have the such way, may i know if there have any tutorial for me to refer it?

Thank you.

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

RapidMiner is written in Java, so if you want to do stuff with it via VisualBasic, your best bet probably is to create a java program that handles everything you need and save it, and then execute it via a VB script later. Or you can prepare data via VB, then save it in a format RapidMiner can read (for example .cvs or excel, etc.) and then execute a RapidMiner process via the aforementioned method.
    I don't know of any way to access Java objects via VB, however my last experience with VB is at least ten years old ;)

Regards,
    Marco
  • pemguinkplpemguinkpl Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    :-[...i'm not good in java program, anyway, thanks for ur information 8)
  • awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    Hello

You could perhaps use a Groovy script and the Scriptom module.

http://groovy.codehaus.org/COM+Scripting

regards

Andrew