Options

"RapidMiner Studio 6 Memory Question"

cristianocristiano Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi all,
I'm just trying RM Studio 6.0 Professional in TRIAL mode: how I can reach 8GB of main memory usage during a process? I mean, with RM5.3 I see just 1GB of ram usage during a process, while I guess to see more than 1GB ram usage if I run the same process with the Professional edition.
Please tell me if I need some java parameters to set, or any other help woulb be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

C.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you can have a look at the system monitor. To enable it, click on "View" in the top menu bar, then "Show View" -> "System Monitor". You will then see how much memory RM Studio will use.
    If you are running the 64-bit version and have enough main memory (more than 8 GB), it should display "Will use up to 8.0 GB".
    If you are having less main memory it obviously will use less. If you are running the 32-bit version, RM cannot use more than 1,2 GB at all because the OS needs nearly half of all the available memory and Java needs a bit for itself as well.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Thanks Marco for your reply.
    I see now the memory usage in the System Monitor, and I have a 64bit with 16GB RAM: on RM5.3 I see Max12GB and in RM6 Studio I see 'up to 8GB' in the monitor. Seems that the community version has more RAM available than Studio version? mmh...not sure...

thanks in advance

C.
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

the old 5.3 open source version is unlimited, the new major version 6 switched to closed source and is limited depending on the used license until RM Studio 7 is released in the future. See here: http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,7405.0.html

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    OK thanks now it's all clear for me.

C.