Options

RapidMiner Studio: How to configure/change window

cedric_anovercedric_anover Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
edited February 2020 in Help

Hi everyone,

WHy is it that the new RM Studio window looks kind of big? Can anyone help me how to put it back to default?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    FBTFBT Member Posts: 106 Unicorn

What do you mean by "big" and "RM Studio window"? Do you mean the size of the process panel? If so, you can adjust the size by going to the very right side of the specific panel with your mouse and then click and drag to the size you would like to have it. 

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

Actually I noticed this same issue as well with the upgrade to RM Studio 7.6.  It seems to automatically downgrade the native monitor resolution which is what makes it appear larger on screen.

Although it is not mentioned in the release notes, I suspect it has something to do with RapidMiner code changes to the graphics scaling made to correct for the high-resolution scaling problems that were reported in prior versions by people using monitors with high resolutions (higher than 1080p), essentially by forcing the program to run at lower resolution than the monitor/OS setting provides by default.  

For what it is worth, I was able to fix mine (to have RapidMiner run back at the better resolution (1080p for me), which makes it smaller on the screen, by modifying the compatibility options for the Windows desktop shortcut and choosing the "override high DPI scaling" option (see screenshot).  

graphics properties.PNG

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts