Options

Running different predictive models in parallel

jedmondsjedmonds Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Is there a way I can run different predictive models in parallel on the same dataset to find which is the most accurate?  I don't seem to be able to split connections two ways.

Answers

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

You an use a Multiply operator to split your training data and from there connect differnet algorithms and have multiple outputs. 

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

You may also be interested in the "Compare ROCs" operator, which allows you to run mulitple learner types inside and then see how they compare in terms of ROC on your data.  These aren't optimized learners but they will give you a general sense of which types of algorithms look to be better suited to your specific problem.  

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

You can also combine a optimize with a Select Subprocess operator to always get the better model.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany