Running terminal

robinrobin Member Posts: 100 Guru
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi

What would the command be in Execute Program to start Terminal and execute a file? 

I am creating the file in RapidMiner and would need to set it to be executbale. The command I would need to exectue would be: hmod +x idprof.sh

Once the file (idprof.sh) is executable I would need the run the file. The terminal command here would be: ./idprof.sh

I am not sure what the commands inside execute program should be, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Best Answer

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

hi @robin - using the command "./idprof.sh" in Execute Program will work fine.  Make sure that the script has the correct permissions to do so (use "ls -al" to see permissions for your script; use "chmod 755 idprof.sh" to allow execution permission) and make sure this complies with your security preferences for this script.

Example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="7.6.001">
    <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
    </context>
    <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="7.6.001" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true">
    <operator activated="true" class="productivity:execute_program" compatibility="7.6.001" expanded="true" height="103" name="Execute Program" width="90" x="45" y="34">
    <parameter key="command" value="./test.sh"/>
    <parameter key="working_directory" value="/Users/sgenzer"/>
    <list key="env_variables"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="text:read_document" compatibility="7.5.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Read Document" width="90" x="179" y="34"/>
    <connect from_op="Execute Program" from_port="out" to_op="Read Document" to_port="file"/>
    <connect from_op="Read Document" from_port="output" to_port="result 1"/>
    <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
    </operator>
    </process>

Scott

Answers