Options

[SOLVED] Exporting Processes Tip

JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

This is going to be a very silly question.  I've built a number of RapidMiner processes on one machine & want to use them on another.  
I know I can export them one at a time, but is there a way to export an entire repository folder of processes, zip them up and then bulk import them into RapidMiner on a different machine?  

Let me know if it's a relatively simple menu option that I just haven't noticed before.  

(Hmmm... whilst describing it, it actually sounds like it could done with two RapidMiner processes, would the below work?)
Process 1. Create Archive, Loop Repository, Add to Archive
Process 2. Loop Zip File, Write File

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

if you just want to transfer from and to a local repository, it's easy. Local repositories are always backed by actual files on the filesystem, so this is a simple matter of copy&paste. You can simply navigate to the actual folder on your harddrive (there is even an option in the context menu in the repository) and copy&paste it into the repository folder on the harddrive of another machine; bypassing the RapidMiner Studio GUI. After pasting it should appear after refreshing (context menu) the repository of the other machine.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Thanks Marco.  I feel rather foolish for not having noticed that before.  ::)

That said, I've just noticed that in this case it's stored on RapidAnalytics (behind a firewall with no outside access accept via disk). 
    In this situation how would I go about making the copy?  Would the best way be to create a separate installation of RA and then copy the database across? 
  • Options
    Nevermind. I was again foolish. 

I simply copy the folder from the RapidAnalytics repository to a local repository on the source machine, then I use the open in file browser, zip email and add it into the local repository on my target machine. 
    Very easy. 

Thanks for your help. :)