[SOLVED] Local Polynomial Regression working only with real labels

aborgaborg Member Posts: 66 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

I think this (Local Polynomial Regression requiring real labels) is a feature, but I am not not sure why it is not set to the required metadata of the operator input. So I am curious is there a combination of parameters which can handle nominal label in the input?
Here is a process failing only upon executiion (works fine with the [tt]//Samples/data/Polynomial[/tt] location):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.2.008">
 <context>
   <input>
     <location>//Samples/data/Ripley-Set</location>
   </input>
   <output/>
   <macros/>
 </context>
 <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.2.008" expanded="true" name="Process">
   <process expanded="true" height="427" width="675">
     <operator activated="true" class="local_polynomial_regression" compatibility="5.2.008" expanded="true" height="76" name="Local Polynomial Regression" width="90" x="179" y="30">
       <parameter key="use_weights" value="false"/>
     </operator>
     <connect from_port="input 1" to_op="Local Polynomial Regression" to_port="training set"/>
     <connect from_op="Local Polynomial Regression" from_port="model" to_port="result 1"/>
     <connect from_op="Local Polynomial Regression" from_port="exampleSet" to_port="result 2"/>
     <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
     <portSpacing port="source_input 2" spacing="0"/>
     <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
     <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
     <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
   </process>
 </operator>
</process>
Here is the error message:
Thanks, gabor

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Gabor,

Local Polynominal Regression is not capable of handling nominal labels. You'll have to use another operator for that.

Concerning the metadata, I just created an internal ticket requesting to add the check to the metadata processing. Thanks for reporting!

Best regards,
    Marius