[SOLVED] Operator Branch

AreliBallinaAreliBallina Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello everybody.

I have one simple question, Is it possible to have a branch into another branch?

I can run my process with one branch into other branch in the part "else", but when I try to put it in the side of "Then", says the attribute that goes inside the branch does not exist.

So, if I need have two Macros as filter inside of the branch, how I can do that??

I hope you can help me, thanks!!

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Hi...if I understand you correctly, you are losing your example set when you branch? This happens to me too with branch and loop operators. I use remember and recall to pull the sets back.

Scott
  • AreliBallinaAreliBallina Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    Thanks Sgenszer for your answer,

The process that I need is: filter by attribute called "Channel" for it I used the "Branch" because I would like choose all available canales with a Macro, and then I would like choose by single month (I mean to only Jan or Feb or May) or the same way all available months, for both (Canal & Month).

I have this possible options:

[Channel][/Month]
    A                1,2,3,..,12
    B                1,2,3,..,12
    A&B            1,2,3,...,12 (single month)
    A                1&2&3..&12 (all months)
    B                1&2&3..&12 (all months)
    A&B            1&2&3..&12 (all months)

But when I run it, there are some missing information

I hope you understood me...

Thanks!!
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Hello.  I am not 100% sure I understand you but if you want to branch into six possibilities (six channels?) then I would use the Select Subprocess operator rather than the Branch operator.  The "Select which" parameter can be set with a macro very easily.

Does this help?

Scott
  • awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    Hello

If you use the Branch operator and the condition type "attribute_value_filter", you will find that the last example in an example set is used for the comparison. The Branch operator does not do a For Loop that looks at each example one by one. A Loop operator and a suitable selection would be needed.

I don't understand the details of the requirement but you might find that using the Generate Attributes operator with a nested if function would be the way to go. Generate Attributes does implement an implied For Loop over all the examples and the values of attributes correspond to the values of single examples.

regards

Andrew
  • AreliBallinaAreliBallina Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    Sgenzer and Andrew, thank you very much for your feedback, I'm sorry for my ambiguous explanations, I'm starting to use RapidMiiner.

I'll try to use your advice.

Thank you and regards!!

Areli