[SOLVED] feature reduction by occurrence

erdnusserdnuss Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello !

i am trying to create associations between words in a document corpus. After preprocessing(process docs from files, occurrence-vector), i apply a normal market basket analysis with fp-growth and association rules. However, the fp-growth operator never finishes due to
an exceed of computing ressources.

now my question: how can i reduce the set of attributes to only the top 30 most occuring?

i tried "loop attributes" with a hosted "aggregate" operator, but fail to make the right settings to make it work.
After that, i wanted to apply a "sort" operator and a "filter attributes" operator. is this the right approach?

Can anyone help me with that?

the exampleset contains 20 examples and 10000+ attributes,
preprocessing with lower case, tokenize, filter stopwords, snowball stemmer:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.3.013">
 <context>
   <input/>
   <output/>
   <macros/>
 </context>
 <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.013" expanded="true" name="Process">
   <process expanded="true">
     <operator activated="true" breakpoints="after" class="text:process_document_from_file" compatibility="5.3.001" expanded="true" height="76" name="Process Documents from Files" width="90" x="45" y="165">
       <list key="text_directories">
         <parameter key="textmining" value="C:\Users\Marc\Desktop\SA2\Literatur\Text_Mining\HTML_txt"/>
       </list>
       <parameter key="vector_creation" value="Term Occurrences"/>
         <operator activated="true" class="text:tokenize" compatibility="5.3.001" expanded="true" height="60" name="Tokenize" width="90" x="179" y="30"/>
         <operator activated="true" class="text:filter_stopwords_english" compatibility="5.3.001" expanded="true" height="60" name="Filter Stopwords (English)" width="90" x="179" y="120"/>
         <operator activated="true" class="text:filter_by_length" compatibility="5.3.001" expanded="true" height="60" name="Filter Tokens (by Length)" width="90" x="179" y="210"/>
         <operator activated="true" class="text:transform_cases" compatibility="5.3.001" expanded="true" height="60" name="Transform Cases" width="90" x="179" y="300"/>
         <operator activated="true" class="text:stem_porter" compatibility="5.3.001" expanded="true" height="60" name="Stem (Porter)" width="90" x="447" y="165"/>
         <connect from_port="document" to_op="Tokenize" to_port="document"/>
         <connect from_op="Tokenize" from_port="document" to_op="Filter Stopwords (English)" to_port="document"/>
         <connect from_op="Filter Stopwords (English)" from_port="document" to_op="Filter Tokens (by Length)" to_port="document"/>
         <connect from_op="Filter Tokens (by Length)" from_port="document" to_op="Transform Cases" to_port="document"/>
         <connect from_op="Transform Cases" from_port="document" to_op="Stem (Porter)" to_port="document"/>
         <connect from_op="Stem (Porter)" from_port="document" to_port="document 1"/>
         <portSpacing port="source_document" spacing="0"/>
         <portSpacing port="sink_document 1" spacing="0"/>
         <portSpacing port="sink_document 2" spacing="0"/>
       </process>
     </operator>
     <operator activated="true" breakpoints="after" class="loop_attributes" compatibility="5.3.013" expanded="true" height="76" name="Loop Attributes" width="90" x="246" y="165">
       <parameter key="include_special_attributes" value="true"/>
         <operator activated="true" class="aggregate" compatibility="5.3.013" expanded="true" height="76" name="Aggregate" width="90" x="112" y="30">
           <list key="aggregation_attributes"/>
         </operator>
         <connect from_port="example set" to_op="Aggregate" to_port="example set input"/>
         <connect from_op="Aggregate" from_port="example set output" to_port="example set"/>
         <portSpacing port="source_example set" spacing="0"/>
         <portSpacing port="sink_example set" spacing="0"/>
         <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
       </process>
     </operator>
     <operator activated="true" breakpoints="after" class="numerical_to_binominal" compatibility="5.3.013" expanded="true" height="76" name="Numerical to Binominal" width="90" x="514" y="165"/>
     <operator activated="true" breakpoints="after" class="fp_growth" compatibility="5.3.013" expanded="true" height="76" name="FP-Growth" width="90" x="648" y="75">
       <parameter key="min_number_of_itemsets" value="10"/>
       <parameter key="min_support" value="0.9"/>
     </operator>
     <operator activated="true" class="create_association_rules" compatibility="5.3.013" expanded="true" height="76" name="Create Association Rules" width="90" x="648" y="210">
       <parameter key="min_confidence" value="0.5"/>
     </operator>
     <connect from_op="Process Documents from Files" from_port="example set" to_op="Loop Attributes" to_port="example set"/>
     <connect from_op="Loop Attributes" from_port="example set" to_op="Numerical to Binominal" to_port="example set input"/>
     <connect from_op="Numerical to Binominal" from_port="example set output" to_op="FP-Growth" to_port="example set"/>
     <connect from_op="FP-Growth" from_port="frequent sets" to_op="Create Association Rules" to_port="item sets"/>
     <connect from_op="Create Association Rules" from_port="rules" to_port="result 1"/>
     <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
     <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
     <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
   </process>
 </operator>
</process>

Answers

• erdnusserdnuss Member Posts: 8 Contributor II

I assume my question was a bit unclear or confused, i will try to make it more precise:

How can I generate a new example in my exampleset, having as value the sum of all other numeric values for each attribute?

thank you !!
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

I did not understand if you want to sum up the values row-wise or column wise. In the first case you can use the Generate Aggregation operator, in the latter case use Aggregate and set the default aggregation to "sum".
    You don't need any kind of loop to perform this.

Is that enough information to solve your original problem?

Best regards,
    Marius
    Hi Marius,

thank you for the reply.

ok, i wanted to sum up each column. "Aggregate" works, but deletes all data, so i have to merge the examplesets again with "join" to apply "sort" and "select attributes" operators, since i wanted the examples sorted by the values of the "sum" example and then delete all behind the top 20-30.

To join the examplesets however, i no have to use "rename by replacing" operator to delete the "sum(...)" in the attribute names. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with regular expressions, txt2re didn't help me either......

thanks, erdnuss ;)
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Just replace

sum\( with nothing (leave the second field empty),

and

\) with nothing in a second Rename by Replace operator.

The \ before the () is necessary since the parenthesis have a special meaning in regular expressions. The backslash tells the regular expression to use a literal parenthesis instead of the special meaning.

Hope this helps!
    Marius
    Hey Marius,

my process works as supposed!! it looks a bit too complex for what it does but thats ok for now.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help!