Options

Sending files between operators

naveen_bharadwanaveen_bharadwa Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

I am new to RapidMiner and was wondering if there is a way send files from one operator to another instead of Pandas dataframes?

Answers

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. Send flat files? There are different data loaders for flat files, databases, HDFS, etc.

• Options
    naveen_bharadwanaveen_bharadwa Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

So, I want to read a text file using one operator, read a file for example, and then send files in a loop to process each one separately(Text processing,i.e, stemming, tokenize, etc.). The way I understand, the operators can communicate only using Pandas Dataframe objects. 

If I have written a python script on the Python script operator which would take a file as an input, I'm unable to pass the file from read file operator.

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Only the Execute Python operator works Panda Dataframes. Other RapidMiner operators do not depend on Pandas, they have their own internal file handling.