Sliding Window Validation Using The Series Extension

brunner_florinbrunner_florin Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Dear community,

This is my first post, so I am grateful to anyone, who takes the time to read this, regardless of whether they can help me or not. According to the forum thread, to which I provide a link below, the mod (model) output port of the sliding window validation operator returns a model, which is trained on the entire input example set, after being trained and tested over n windows. However, according to the operator description, "create complete model" is referenced to be an optional parameter, which is to be set before beginning the process of sliding window validation. Nevertheless, my operator seems to lack this parameter, despite my RapidMiner and the corresponding Series extension being up-to-date. Thus, I am wondering if this is a bug, which anyone else in the community has noticed? On the other hand, it could also be that "create complete model" became a standardized setting and therefore is no longer an optional parameter, but continues to be listed in the operator description. Does anyone have some information on this? For my current project it is essential for me to know on what data the model, which is returned by the mod port, is trained on, so this is quite a big issue for me. Thanks for the help.

Florin

Link to the forum post: http://community.rapidminer.com/t5/RapidMiner-Studio-Forum/Sliding-Window-Validation-What-Model/td-p/14139