[Solved] Rapid Miner Running on OSX values with "return" not "taken"

gcolliergcollier Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
Hi Guys,

I used the "install JDK" work around to get a Java version that RM likes but when I go to set attributes of nodes and click return the values don't "take" -- that is the underlying field is not updated.

Have others seen this behavior and is there a known fix?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I'm afraid this is a rare (and very elusive) problem which occurs with Java 8u20 on Windows and seemingly sometimes with JDK 7 on Mac. We are investigating this.
    Until this is resolved, you can work around this by typing something into the selection field after selecting your value and then immediately remove it again. The value you selected should now stick around.

Regards,
    Marco
  • gcolliergcollier Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Yes that seems to work -- leave it to me to catch a rare and elusive bug  ::)
  • MichaelKnopfMichaelKnopf Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 31 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

This issue should be fixed in the upcoming release (RapidMiner Studio 6.1.001).

Best,
    Michael