Time Series Forecasting for Data with Compound Key

csl303csl303 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello Everyone,

I'm fairly new to Rapidminer and I would really appreciate your help handling a dataset with a compound key. 

The dataset is comprised of examples that represent attributes from a year and zipcode (I've attached a screenshot of part of the dataset). I would eventually like to run a time series analysis on it. 

So far I've tried using the set role operator to define two ID roles, but only one gets set...I've also tried importing the dataset again, but when I try to define more than one ID role, I am met with an error (that this role has already been taken). Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me. Thank you much.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Yes, RapidMiner won't allow you to set more than one id attribute at the same time.  One simple fix is to create a new attribute which concatenates your two separate id variables and then assign that as the id using "Set Role".

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts

Answers

• csl303csl303 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Thank you Brian! I used the Generate Concatenation operator to produce a new attribute from the two attributes.