Way to get list of the actual "nearest neighbors"?

keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
When applying a NearestNeighbor model, is there a way to return the list nearest neighbor points for each predicted value?

In other words, if I run an existing KNN model to predict new values on 100 new examples, where K=5, I want to return the five nearest neighbor point matches for each example.  Something like

Example#  Neighbor    ID
1              1                AAA
1              2                BBB
1              3                CCC
1              4                DDD
1              5                EEE
2              1                FFF
2                2                CCC
2                3                GGG
2                4                AAA
2                5                HHH
3                1                JJJ
etc.

Even if it doesn't rank the neighbors, just getting a list of neighbors for each example row would be great.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Keith

Answers

• TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 294 RM Product Management
    Hi Keith,

I do not know if this is possible with RapidMiner without checking, but I assume that it is at least not a one-operator-process .. ;)

However, I would start by using the [tt]ExampleSet2SimilarityExampleSet[/tt] operator in combination with some filtering techniques ... did you try that already?

Regards,
    Tobias
  • keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
    Thanks Tobias.  I wasn't aware of the similiarity operators.  That's almost exactly what I'm looking for.  Is there a version that can compute similarity distances using attribute weights?

Keith
  • TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 294 RM Product Management
    Hi Keith,

since there is neither parameter to specify if attribute weights are considered nor an input indicating that attribute weights might be processed, I assume that attribute weights may not be considered. But in conjunction with numerical attribute weights, you may use the [tt]AttributeWeightsApplier[/tt] before using one of the similarity calculation operator.

Cheers,
    Tobias
  • keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
    Cool!  I will try that.  Thanks again.

Keith