can no longer copy paste subprocess with content (RM7.2)

kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

Not sure whether this is new to 7.2 as I skipped a few versions, but if I want to copy a process that contains operaters (say a loop or subprocess) only the parent container is copied, but the internals are empty. Is this something by default ?

In the past everything inside an operator was also copied (so parent and childs) , but if only the parent is saved now this is kind of a step back.

I've migrated from 6.2 to 7.2 if that might help.

Best Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Solution Accepted

Thanks for your understanding - we already filed a request for a patch release and will keep you updated when this is ready...

Cheers,

Ingo

• mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 129 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted

For more information about the release take a look at the corresponding Changelog.

Cheers,

Marcel

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

What version of Java are you using, we recommend version 8.

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn

I am using the latest version of java (8.102), apart from that all seems to work fine, apart from teh fact it does not copy incapsulated operators.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

That is strange, I'm using Java 8 build 91 and RM 7.2, it works for me.  I'm on Windows 10 to boot.

That functionality, to copy and past subprocesses with all the child operators/connections inside was not taken away in 7.2.

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

I can confirm that I have the same problem - seems to be a bug :smileysad:

Cheers,

Ingo

Ah, it seems to work in 7.2-BETA, I haven't tested it in the official 7.2 yet.

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn

can happen...

Anyway, save as building block works as an alternative for the time being.

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Thanks guys, I was thinking I was going crazy when building my process just now.

Will keep an eye out for the patch and use the Building Block workaround for now.

Just a quick update: we are working on this right now and will keep you updated when we know when we release the patch.

Sorry again for the inconvenience,

Ingo