how to retrieve parameter or field names for functions?

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

hi,

in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q629LRYByA

bhupandra used the expression param("Decision Tree", "maximal depth") to get out the values for depth parameter of the tree...how do I know what the parameter / value names of all the parameters are, to build such functions? 

is there any advanced documentation out there about building those functions, or parameters /field names of parameters to get the values?

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Hi!

When you use an operator like Optimize Parameters (Grid) and put the other operator inside, you'll get a list of available parameters (and possible values) in the Optimize dialog.

Regards,

Balázs

• bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Administrator, Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

The operator name is generally what you see in the process view, remember you can rename the operator, or if there are multiple of the same operator you will see numbers appended to the default names.

As far as the exact parameter goes most likely they are what you see in the parameter panel with the spaces replaced by underscore.

Unfortunately there is no specific documentation on this piece at this point

• Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

ok and where can I see a list of the functions that can be applied? I didn't know param("...") exists and what the parameters of that function are.. where can I look for them?

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Hi,

you'll find the definition of all available functions in the Generate Attributes operator's Edit Expression window. param() is also there, with a description and an example.

There are lots of useful functions there. 

They're also available in Generate Macro and other operators that take expressions. 

Regards,

Balázs

• Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

nice, thanks