no access to SQL server using proxy

kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

I have some strange behaviour trying to access our company databases. I can access them when using direct (no proxy), but the moment I select proxy I cannot access the servers anymore (MS SQL).

This is pretty annoying as I have a process crawling websites that need the proxy to be set, and I want to load the results to our databases but that doesn't work unless I disable the proxy.

Any advice on what I need to set to also get access to my databases using proxy?

I'm using RM7.4 

Tagged:

Best Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

did you try listing the name or ip address of your database server in the "No proxy for" list? This only works if you're using the Manual Proxy setting.

Regards,

Balázs

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Sorry, too fast again... I can access my databases now with manual proxy but I loose access to the internet :-(

So this is what I have :

Using system proxy : access to the web but not to database or localhost RM server

Using direct (no proxy) : access to database, localhost RM server but not web

Using manual proxy and no proxy for localhost|mydb1|mydb2 : access to database, localhost RM Server but not to web anymore

What would be the magic recepy ?

[UPDATE] I had to remove the socks settigns, that did the trick for me.

Now I get access to all of them using manual proxy, thanks for the support !

Answers

yeah, no success with that one either. I can give it a try with the IP.

tbh, i am actually more suprised it works without the proxy as with the proxy, since I should only have access to the servers within the network by default. 

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Do you need to specify an instance under the database schema parameter?

Like "database;instance=sqlexpress"

Seems I was a bit too fast, I've tried again entering my database names under manual proxies and it seems to be ok, took just a bit more time as usual so I was probably not patient enough while I tried it before.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Cool! Happy RapidMining!