small bug RM7.5 - adding note to Execute Program

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi...I think there's a small bug in RM7.5 with the Execute Program operator.  It will not allow me to attach a note to it.  It's the only operator where I am seeing this problem.  If I click the yellow sticky note icon while highlighting this particular operator, it creates a standalone yellow sticky instead of a note attached to the operator.

Scott

Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

I just tested this with the 7.5.1 release (because I was just testing that anyway ;)), and it works fine. We also did not touch anything in that area which should affect this, so this is a bit weird to hear.. Will keep an eye out. Nevertheless, if you have trouble with that, you can also right-click the operator and select "Add note", or just drag&drop an existing note on the operator :)

Regards,

Marco

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

thanks, Marco.  Those workarounds are good.  Perhaps it's a Mac/PC GUI issue?  I'm on a Mac Pro running OS X 10.12.4.  

FWIW, I still occasionally get weird GUI things from time to time that have been there for several versions.  The most annoying one is when I am moving tabs around in the design or results view and it freezes when the icon is a blue square with a plus sign in the middle.  I cannot routinely cause the bug so of course it's hard to track  :)

Scott

• robinrobin Member Posts: 100 Guru
    I would like to add to this, in 9.4 when a pop up window is called for any function it is always in the background on OSX. I need to click on the foreground application window for the pop up to appear.

Movie below to show what happens

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqojg171mwqy5lt/pop-up.mov?dl=0 
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    yup @robin I don't need to even see your movie. It's a known issue for a LONG time (right @Marco_Boeck?) .
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    edited November 2019
    Hi,

We are aware :neutral:
    Unfortunately, Java and OS X decided to have a disagreement at some point about how modal dialogs are handled, so we're stuck with it for the time being..

Regards,
    Marco