sort and group by variables

rpanizzarpanizza Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Is it possible to sort a data set by 2 variables? And group by 2 variables?

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

in the data views (tables) it is possible to sort according more than one column by pressing the CTRL-key while selecting several of the column headers.

The sorting, grouping, and aggregation operators however do currently only support one column, sorry.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 294 RM Product Management
    Hi,

we recently extended the [tt]Aggregation[/tt] operator in so far that it allows grouping by more than one attribute. The parameter [tt]group_by_attributes[/tt] now allows the specification of multiple attributes using regular expressions. However, the extension is at the moment only contained in the RapidMiner developer version which is accessible via CVS and Eclipse. You find an explaination of how to checkout the developer version at

http://rapid-i.com/content/view/25/48/lang,de/

Regards,
    Tobias
  • achint_kumarachint_kumar Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    Do we have any update here? Can we sort an attribute by grouping another attribute? I dont want the sort all the data but only for per patient/unique.

This is one of the reasons i am stuck with my delivery, it is not possible in RM to process this way? Its an ETL operation, im generating a KPI.
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    you can use group into collection to get a collection per patient. Then you can use loop collection and sort.

Let me know if you need an example for this.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany