Options

upgrade to 5.3.5

mylesgmylesg Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
When I launch RM 5.3 (Mac OSX 10.8.2), it states there is an update to 5.3.5. I load and install from the upgrades module- and it seems successful (in fact it gives me a dialog that is was successful). Then it states I need to restart RM for it to take effect and asks me if I want to. Which I click yes. However, when it opens again, I am still on 5.3 and it asks me if I want to upgrade to 5.3.5 again. I try again. This has repeated several times.

Have tried this on two of my macs with similar results.

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

do you start RapidMiner with the RapidMinerGUI script in the scripts folder?

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    Thanks for the response- the only way I know to launch RM on a MAC is through the rapidminer.jar file in the RM lib folder.
  • Options
    If you start RapidMiner by double clicking on rapidminer.jar the update will not be executed.
    To update RapidMiner you should start it with the RapidMinerGUI scripts in RapidMiner's scripts folder.
    If it isn't executable, you should change it with 'chmod +x $RAPIDMINER_HOME/scripts/RapidMinerGUI'.

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    Can you help me a tad more with instructions? I found the scripts folder and two files called RapidMinerGUI. One is has a unspecified extension, that when clicked opens in Xcode (I no idea what to do with that). The second one is a .bat file which launches Windows in my parallels partition.

THanks
  • Options
    1) Open a Terminal
    2) Navigate to RapidMiner folder
    3) chmod +x scripts/RapidMinerGUI
    4) run RapidMiner via ./scripts/RapidMinerGUI

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    Thanks Nils- that would have taken me 6 months to figure out.

So, since you seem to have the knack.... how can I then turn this new script into some sort of launch button to put in my dock?