AgglomerativeClustering and cosine new 4.4

emaema Member Posts: 33 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi  ,

Ever since i downloaded the new rapidminer 4.4
i am trying to use AgglomerativeClustering combined with cosine...

I get an error saying
[Fatal] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException occured in 1st application of AgglomerativeClustering (AgglomerativeClustering)
G Mar 22, 2009 3:22:23 PM: [Fatal] Process failed: operator cannot be executed (-1). Check the log messages..

I never had this problem with 4.3

Thank you

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

and I still do not have it with version 4.4. I just have tried it with three different data sets and everything worked fine with Agglomerative Clustering in combination with Cosine similarity. Hence, there seems to be something special with your data set which causes this error. Are your sure that you have only numerical attributes as expected by cosine similarity?

If you like, and data is not too sensitive, you could send us (an excerpt) of your data together with the process and we will have a look into this when we find the time.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • emaema Member Posts: 33 Maven
    Hi
    I tried it with english documents but it worked fine

it happened when I use non-English (Arabic ) documents in UTF8

Or english big files

How can I send you a file? 

Thank you
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Send it to contact@rapid-i.com

Cheers,
    Ingo