Cannot new the process

pppppp Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
I use windows 8 and Java 7 Update 25. RapidMiner 5.3.013 can import a CSV file and view the data well.

But whenever I click New Process, there is not any response and the program freezes. This problem occurs on both 32-bit and 64-bit version of RapidMiner.

I am very new to RapidMiner. Is there any way to find the cause of this problem?

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

please post the contents of the 'rm.log' file in your C:\UIsers\XYZ\.RapidMiner5 folder after RapidMiner froze.

Regards,
    Marco
  • pppppp Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thank you very much. Here are the contents of rm.log before I click New Process.

Sep 04, 2013 5:56:51 PM com.rapidminer.tools.I18N <clinit>
    INFO: Set locale to en.
    Sep 04, 2013 5:56:51 PM com.rapidminer.tools.expression.parser.ExpressionParserFactory <clinit>
    INFO: Default version of expression parser registered successfully
    Sep 04, 2013 5:56:52 PM com.rapidminer.parameter.ParameterTypePassword decryptPassword
    WARNING: Password in XML file looks like unencrypted plain text.
    Sep 04, 2013 5:56:52 PM com.rapidminer.tools.OperatorService init
    INFO: Loading additional operators specified by rapidminer.operators.additional (${RAPIDMINER_OPERATORS_ADDITIONAL})
    SEVERE: Cannot find operator description file ${RAPIDMINER_OPERATORS_ADDITIONAL}.
    INFO: Number of registered operator classes: 443; number of registered operator descriptions: 444; number of replacements: 403
    Sep 04, 2013 5:56:52 PM com.rapidminer.tools.jdbc.JDBCProperties <init>
    WARNING: Missing database driver class name for ODBC Bridge (e.g. Access)
    Sep 04, 2013 5:56:52 PM com.rapidminer.tools.jdbc.JDBCProperties registerDrivers
    INFO: JDBC driver ca.ingres.jdbc.IngresDriver not found. Probably the driver is not installed.
    Sep 04, 2013 5:56:57 PM com.rapidminer.gui.ApplicationPerspectives loadAll
    CONFIG: Loading perspectives.
    Sep 04, 2013 5:56:57 PM com.rapid_i.deployment.update.client.UpdateManager$3 run
    INFO: Checking for updates.
    Sep 04, 2013 5:57:01 PM com.rapid_i.deployment.update.client.UpdateManager$3 run
    INFO: No updates since 8/30/13 10:28 AM.

When I click New Process, rm.log is the same but the program freezes.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

this sounds quite strange. When you cllick to create a new process while the old one is 'dirty' (aka has unsaved changes) or while one is running, you will get a popup asking for confirmation. That popup is modal, in other words it blocks any user input except for the dialog itself. Can you make sure that there is no dialog popping up behind RapidMiner itself? You can test that by switching to another application and back to RapidMiner by pressing Alt+Tab twice.

Regards,
    Marco
  • pppppp Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hi, I'm sure that there is no popup dialog. The program freezes every time I click New Process. There is no background unsaved process because I cannot new or open it. Maybe my computer has something strange.