"DatabaseExampleSetWriter error"

keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
When I have  DatabaseExampleSetWriter with overwrite_mode set to "overwrite" it works correctly.  However, if I have overwrite_mode set to "append" or "overwrite first, append then", I get the following error:

PatternSyntaxException caught:
Unclosed character class near index0
[
^
Is this a bug, or user error?

UPDATE: This actually doesn't appear to be related to appen/overwrite, but rather writing nominal values to a database.

This causes an error:

<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
    <operator name="NominalExampleSetGenerator" class="NominalExampleSetGenerator">
        <parameter key="number_of_attributes" value="1"/>
        <parameter key="number_of_values" value="3"/>
    </operator>
    <operator name="DatabaseExampleSetWriter" class="DatabaseExampleSetWriter">
        <parameter key="database_system" value="Microsoft SQL Server (Microsoft)"/>
        <parameter key="database_url" value="jdbc:sqlserver:xxxxxx"/>
        <parameter key="overwrite_mode" value="overwrite"/>
        <parameter key="password" value="xxxxxx"/>
        <parameter key="table_name" value="rm_test"/>
        <parameter key="username" value="xxxxxx"/>
    </operator>
</operator>
This one doesn't.  The only change is now I'm using ExampleSetGenerator to produce all numeric data.

<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
    <operator name="ExampleSetGenerator" class="ExampleSetGenerator">
        <parameter key="target_function" value="sum"/>
    </operator>
    <operator name="DatabaseExampleSetWriter" class="DatabaseExampleSetWriter">
        <parameter key="database_system" value="Microsoft SQL Server (Microsoft)"/>
        <parameter key="database_url" value="jdbc:sqlserver:xxxxx"/>
        <parameter key="overwrite_mode" value="overwrite"/>
        <parameter key="password" value="xxxxx"/>
        <parameter key="table_name" value="rm_test"/>
        <parameter key="username" value="xxxxx"/>
    </operator>
</operator>
Thanks,
Keith
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Keith,
    this seems to be a quoting problem to me. Does one of your nominal values include some strange character?
    And could you please post the version and type of your Microsoft SQL Server?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
    The example I posted uses only the nominal values that are automatically generated: positive, negative, value0, value1, value2.  So it's unlikely to be just a quoting problem in my data.

The database server is running SQL Server 2005 standard edition, version 9.0.3042
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    I seem to be having the same problem as Keith -- a classification routine and model applier feed into a DatabaseExampleSetWriter, which throws an identical error. The SQL server settings are set to the same parameters as in the initial DatabaseExampleSource operator, and this procedure worked before upgrading to 4.3.  The values produced are all numerical, except for the nominal label value. Is there a chance that something was broken in the version change?

It's SQL Server2005 (standard), 9.0.3042

Thanks,
    Jason
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi guys,
    good news! We have found the bug. The correct version is now available in cvs developer branch or with the next regular update for the enterprise edition which will be published in around a week.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi Sebastian,

I'm on RM Enterprise 4.3.000 with MS SQL 2005 and am bumping into exactly the same problem. Any idea when the fix will be published? Soon would be great  ;D