"Decision Tree Data"

marccaromarccaro Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to build a decision tree with 190000 lines of information but when I start the process the following message appears:

Process Failed
o
Process failed.
Cannot clone com.rapidminer.example.set.SplittedExampleSet: java.lang.reflectinvocalionTargetExceplion. Target: java.lang.RunlimeExceplion: Cannot clone com.rapidminer.example.set.SplittedExampleSet: java.lang.reflectinvocalionTargetExceplion. Target: java.lang.OutOfhlemoryError: Java heap space. Cause: java.lang.OutOfhlemoryError: Java heap space.. Cause: java.lang.RunlimeExceplion: Cannot clone com.rapidminer.example.set.SplittedExampleSet: java.lang.reflectinvocalionTargetExceplion. Target: java.lang.OutOfhlemoryError: Java heap space. Cause: java.lang.OutOfhlemoryError: Java heap space..
Send Bug Report...
dose

Is this data to big for rapid or there's another possibility to do this decision tree.

Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

according to the log you posted RapidMiner runs out of memory. Please have a look at this thread and all the replies in it for a similiar issue: http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,7119.0.html

Regards,
    Marco
  • marccaromarccaro Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Hello Marco,

In the last post the problem is getting started with rapidminer but in my case the system is working just fine but when try to load a big amount of data the system shows the message above. i've tryed to load excel sheets and Acces databases but none of then worked. Is there any thing I can do to load this amount of data (190000 lines with 10 atributes)?
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

well that isn't a lot of data. However Java (RapidMiner uses Java) runs out of memory while trying to do it, so there must be some memory issue on your system. Either RapidMiner has not enough for itself, or there simply is not enough available on your machine.
    Please provide some information about the amount of RAM you have, how much memory there is available to RapidMiner (you can check via "View" -> "Show View" -> "System Monitor", the 'Max:' value shows how much memory RapidMiner has access to), your operating system (32/64 bit) and which version of RM you are using (32/64 bit).

Regards,
    Marco
    Hi,
    It shows that the total is 82 MB an d the max 1.1GB.

My computer is a windows 7, 64 bits and 8GB RAM.
    Hi,

you should have more memory available than 1.1GB. Are you using the 64-bit version of RapidMiner? If not, please switch to the 64-bit version.
    If that does not help, can you follow these instructions?
    Just set 'MAX_JAVA_MEMORY=4096' instead of 1024.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hi Marco, how can I switch to the 64-bit version? I need to download another version?
    Hi,

yes. RapidMiner comes in a 32 or a 64 bit version, and you need to download the correct one.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hi,
    I'm not completely sure if I've downloaded the 32 or 64 bits. How can I see the version that I have?
    Hi,

one way would be to navigate to your RapidMiner folder, then to the jre/bin subfolder and there look for a JavaAccessBridge-64.dll.
    If that exists, you are using the 64-bit version, if it is called JavaAccessBridge-32.dll, you are using the 32-bit version.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hello,
    I've downloaded the 64-bits version of rapidminer but the same error appears. It says that there's no heap space(I'm making a Decision Tree with 190000 lines and 6 attributes).

There is anything that i can do?
    Hi,

for some reason RapidMiner Java does not allocate enough memory on your system. Either the majority of your 8GB RAM is used by some other applications, or there is some other problem involved.
    Can you follow this guide to up your memory to, say 4096 (aka 4GB)? You need to start RapidMiner with the .bat file you edited instead of the .exe though.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hi,

I've tried to increase the memory in the bat.file, installed the latest version of Java an downloaded the 64 bits version of Rapidminer. But the same error still appears:

Process failed.
    Cannot clone com.rapidminer.example.setSplittedExampleS
    java.lang.reflectlnvocationTargetException. Target
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot clone
    com.rapidminerexample.setSplittedExampleSet
    java.lang.OutOflh1emoryError. Java heap space. Cause:
    java.lang.OutOflh1emoryError. Java heap space.. Cause:
    java.lang.OutOflh1emoryError. Java heap space... Cause:
    java.lang.OutOflh1emoryError. Java heap space.. Cause:
    java.lang.OutOflh1emoryError. Java heap space.... Cause:

Is there any other solution to this problem? (remembering, I'm trying to build a decision tree with 190000 lines and 6 attributes).