Depivot multiple attributes Help

PennocaPennoca Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi All,

How can I depivot a table that has numerous groups with each group having multiple attributes in the same new created attribute?

I managed to depivot a group of attributes containing a certain characters, but I would like to depivot in the same way another group of attributes. I tried to add entry in the attribute name edit list by having the same new created attribute name but it does not work...problem occur cannot create nominal index cannot be used...

Anyone know how to do this?

many thanks,
Hi All,

How can I depivot a table that has numerous groups with each group having multiple attributes in the same new created attribute?

I managed to depivot a group of attributes containing a certain characters (SM.*), but I would like to depivot in the same way another group of attributes. I tried to add a new entry in the attribute name edit list by having the same new created attribute name but it does not work...problem occur the value true for parameter create nominal index cannot be used...more than 1 series listed in attribute name. If I then unselect the create nominal index..it retrives a message: process failure series must have the same lenght, no conversion is performed..

Anyone knows how to do this?

many thanks,

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    It sounds like your RegEx when you add another variable is overlapping. 

You can't (as an example) have a group like
    SM.*
    and then another as
    .*
    because the first attribute will group all matches to SM.* together and then the second attribute will get upset because .* wants to use those values too.
    Check out one of my other posts in the forum for depivot.  I think I posted an example process with two variables.