RapidMiner

RapidMiner

Difficulties to use Image Processing Extension

Contributor II

Difficulties to use Image Processing Extension

Hi RM Community  Smiley Happy,

I'm a perfect beginner with RM 5.3 and I have some difficulties to use the image processing extension. More precisely, I have  several  repositories of .png images which I'd like to open & load in RM in order to perform a classification algo. Ideally I would like to use the Multiple Grayscale Image Opener to do that but I have always the following error message : "No data is delivered at port MIO.ExampleSet (disconnected)".  ???

Please would you have some ideas, advices or tutorial or videos ?

Thank you in advance,

Chris
14 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Difficulties to use Image Processing Extension

Hello Chris,
some tutorial are here:
http://splab.cz/en/research/data-mining/articles
There are also some processen on this forum.
If you don't find what you are looking for, post here some more information and I will help you.

Best,
Vaclav
Contributor II

Hello Vaclav,

Thank you for your reply.

Before my post, I have already watched some videos and read some articles on the website of IMMI/Splab extension. I have also looked for on this forum.
I just found a research paper which used the MOI Operator ("Semi-Automatic Image Data Analysis") but the authors don't provide lot of much information on their MOI implementation.
For the moment, I didn't find a solution to my problem.

I'm able to open and to load one image but I stay unable to open and to load all images in my repository or to apply a loop image operator.

If I understand correctly the description of MOI operator, I have to find a subprocess or an inner operator generating an ExampleSet as output.

If someone has an idea or advice, thank you !

Chris

Regular Contributor

Maybe this thread is a nice example of image classification.
It shows how to load a data set of images and classify them.

http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,6105.msg21457.html#msg21457

If you have specific questions about a single operator, I suggest making a new thread.

Best regards,

Wessel
Contributor II

Hi Wessel,

Thank you for your help !  your thread will be very useful for me !
I had already read your old post but too quick ... Shame on me !  Smiley Mad
With your example it will be easier to understand how to use Rapidminer for my project.
Have a nice we
Once again thanks .

Chris

Contributor II

Chriis_Bg25 wrote:

Hi Wessel,

Thank you for your help !  your thread will be very useful for me !
I had already read your old post but too quick ... Shame on me !  Smiley Mad
With your example it will be easier to understand how to use Rapidminer for my project.
Have a nice we
Once again thanks .

Chris

Have you been able to solve the problem?
I have a similar problem. The multiple Grayscale Image Opener and the Multiple Color Image Opener both refuse to recognize the images in the given folder. I always get the messages "Image folder is empty" or "Image folder does not contain any file with the given extension".
Overall I have to say, that the Image Processing extension is very poorly documented and the official site is to basically no use. If anyone knows a good documentation/tutorial or something similar for the Image Processing extension, especially for functions, which use a batch of pictures, I would be very grateful. I haven't found a single example in the Internet, where someone uses the functions "Grayscale Image Opener" or the "Multiple Color Image Opener" successfully. A tutorial would probably much more useful than a simple answer to my problem.

Thanks for many help in advance
Kaspar
Contributor II

Hi Kaspar,

MCIO & MIO have worked for me. Are you checked the format of your pictures in your folder ? In my case, my pictures are in ".png".

On the thread given by Wessel, you could find an example of process which shows how to load a data set of images with MCIO.
I used this example for my project.

I agree with you on the fact a more detailed documentation about the IMMI extension will be very useful but I think that it will be soon the case.
Good luck

Chris

Hello guys,

I am a newbie to RapidMIner!!
I have the same problem with Multiple Color Image Opener. I get the message "Image folder does not contain any file with the given extension".
Of course my folder does contain files with the given extensions.
I have noticed that when I select the folder on the images property of MCIO then I see no images on the  windows explorer opening inside RapidMiner. Also the file extension allowed are "all files":no images/files appear when I select this and directory(.null): again no images/file appear.
Is this maybe a configuration option in RapidMiner?

Regular Contributor

Hello elag1985,
can you post your process (http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,4782.0.html)?

Best,
Vaclav
Regular Contributor

StaryVena wrote:

Hello elag1985,
can you post your process (http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,4782.0.html)?

Best,
Vaclav

I recommend you go into view --> create new view, and have a view with only XML inside, this will come in handy often.