Edit List dialog in ProcessLog does not work

RasputinRasputin Member Posts: 16 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

when I open the Edit List dialog of the ProcessLog operator, I can add values without problems, but when closing the dialog, it forgets everything I entered.
Changing existing entries seems to work. Also, when I edit the xml file directly, the entries I entered show up in the dialog correctly.

I am using RapidMiner-4.4 community edition with java 1.6 on linux.

-Rasputin

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Rasputin,
    I can't say anything really helpfull about this, beside mentioning the fact that I use it everyday and it works just fine...

Did you try to click on another entry before pressing ok?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • RasputinRasputin Member Posts: 16 Maven
    Yes, I tried that, but that doesn't help. It doesn't work for me in RapidMiner 4.5 either.
  • RasputinRasputin Member Posts: 16 Maven
    I have to apologize, I just did not know that I have to enter a name for each entry. When I do not leave the first column blank, everything is fine. Perhaps a warning should be displayed instead of discarding all entries without a name.
  • keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
    If it makes you feel any better, Rasputin, I've been using RM for over a year, and still make that same mistake of leaving the first column ("log") blank more often that I should probably admit.    :) 

A warning message here would have saved me from myself on multiple occasions.  Another possibility would be for RM to put in initial default values something like "log_value_1", "log_value_2" in that column when a clicking "Add" in the parameter list.

Keith