Options

"Error messages using stringtextinput"

rdmckinneyrdmckinney Member Posts: 15 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Here is my code:
<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
    <operator name="ExampleSource" class="ExampleSource">
        <parameter key="attributes" value="C:\Documents and Settings\rkenney\My Documents\rm_workspace\Comments09.aml"/>
    </operator>
    <operator name="StringTextInput" class="StringTextInput" expanded="yes">
        <parameter key="remove_original_attributes" value="true"/>
        <parameter key="default_content_language" value="english"/>
        <list key="namespaces">
        </list>
        <operator name="StringTokenizer" class="StringTokenizer">
        </operator>
        <operator name="EnglishStopwordFilter" class="EnglishStopwordFilter">
        </operator>
        <operator name="TokenLengthFilter" class="TokenLengthFilter">
            <parameter key="min_chars" value="3"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="PorterStemmer" class="PorterStemmer">
        </operator>
    </operator>
    <operator name="SVDReduction" class="SVDReduction">
        <parameter key="keep_example_set" value="true"/>
        <parameter key="return_preprocessing_model" value="true"/>
        <parameter key="dimensions" value="15"/>
    </operator>
    <operator name="EMClustering" class="EMClustering">
        <parameter key="k" value="5"/>
    </operator>
    <operator name="ExcelExampleSetWriter" class="ExcelExampleSetWriter">
        <parameter key="excel_file" value="C:\Projects\Memb Sat Survey\2009\Data\RapidMinerOutput\RMClusters.xls"/>
    </operator>
</operator>

While running the stringtextinput operators I get an error message for each one of my text documents. For example this one: P Jul 14, 2009 3:03:44 PM: [Warning] StringTextInput: File C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner\RE BILLING; I GET THE FORM SHOWING WHAT CC HAS PAID, BUT UNDER  PATIENT RESPONSIBILITY,  IT SHOWS 0.00 WHICH ISN'T TRUE. I DON'T RECALL EVER SEEING ONE THAT HAD A FIGURE.  not found. Assuming the text is directly encoded as document source...

My input file has about 300 examples with three columns. Col 1 is comments from surveys set as a string variable; col 2 is the member number set as an ID variable, which I use to attach demograhic data, and col 3 is a grouping variable set as a label. The part in the error message in all caps is the actual text that I want to analyze. The output file looks fine, but I'm worried about the warnings. What do you think?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    this error messages are a very nasty thing in the text plugin. On the one hand it confuses the users and on the other hand, it slows down the calculation process with one power of ten. The easiest thing to get rid of that warnings is to switch the logverbosity in the root operator to error.

Before you ask, why we don't remove this "feature": We already removed it together with some other usability faults and will publish it together with the next major release.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    rdmckinneyrdmckinney Member Posts: 15 Maven
    Thanks!