Export Summary Statistics from Results view to Excel

khannadhkhannadh Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi Everyone,

I have an excel file in Rapidminer. I have run the file and I get the summary statistics in the results tab. Is there a way to export the summary statistics for each attribute from the results tab into Excel?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You
Tagged:

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    The Reporting extension used to be able to do this as you could export just the Meta data.  Not tested with 7.1 though so don't know if it's still compatible. 

Give it a shot. 
  • khannadhkhannadh Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Hi Jedward. How do you use the reporting extension? Where do I go for that?
    Could you please let me know?

Thank you.
  • earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    Go the menu Extension, select Marketplace. Now search for Reporting Extension.
  • khannadhkhannadh Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Ok thanks for that. I installed the reporting extension. How do I export the results now? Thanks for your help.
  • batstache611batstache611 Member Posts: 45 Guru

Oh man I've been having the same issue. Now I keep getting a blank report but here's what I did- drag your dataset to the process design panel, or drag a read csv/ read excep operator -> Generate Reports operator -> Reports operator. Make sure that the name of the report in both Generate Reports and Reports is same. Select the type of report you want in Generate Reports and provide a suitable location for the output. Under the parameters for Report operator, click Configure Report and Select Reportable Type - "Data Table", Select Reportable View - "Metadata View". 

In theory this should work. But I keep getting a blank report everytime. Why is RapidMiner never very straightforward!?!?! :smileymad::womanmad::manmad::catmad:

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

The Reporting extension is a bit clunky and hard to use. It's from the v5.3 era where things weren't as streamlined as they are now. It does need to be updated but there is no timeline to do that. 

If the general Aggregate operator doesn't work for you, have you checked out the Generate Aggregation operator? It allows you to do statistics across examples (rows).