How can I export the Pairwise table (correlation matrix)

kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi all,

I am fooling around a bit with correlation matrixes and would like to use the Pairwise table output format so I can use filters and see which keywords have the biggest correlation with any other given other keyword.

How would I do that? How can i export (one way or another) the matrix data as it is in the PairWise table ? (so in essence an example set having first attribute, second attribute and Correlation)

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

The only thing I can think of is using the Reporting Extension. Download the extension if you don't have it , and try the following process. It will compute the correlation matrix for the Sonar dataset and then it will save the pairwise matrix in an Excel file. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="7.3.001">
    <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
    </context>
    <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="7.3.001" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true">
    <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="7.3.001" expanded="true" height="68" name="Retrieve Sonar" width="90" x="45" y="34">
    <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Sonar"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="correlation_matrix" compatibility="7.3.001" expanded="true" height="103" name="Correlation Matrix" width="90" x="179" y="34"/>
    <operator activated="true" class="reporting:generate_report" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="Generate Report" width="90" x="313" y="34">
    <parameter key="report_name" value="Nada"/>
    <parameter key="format" value="Excel"/>
    <parameter key="excel_output_file" value="/Users/carlosqa/Desktop/nada.xls"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="reporting:report" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Report" width="90" x="447" y="34">
    <parameter key="report_name" value="Nada"/>
    <parameter key="report_item_header" value="Algo"/>
    <parameter key="specified" value="true"/>
    <parameter key="reportable_type" value="Numerical Matrix"/>
    <parameter key="renderer_name" value="Pairwise Table"/>
    <list key="parameters">
    <parameter key="min_row" value="1"/>
    <parameter key="max_row" value="2147483647"/>
    <parameter key="min_column" value="1"/>
    <parameter key="max_column" value="2147483647"/>
    </list>
    </operator>
    <connect from_op="Retrieve Sonar" from_port="output" to_op="Correlation Matrix" to_port="example set"/>
    <connect from_op="Correlation Matrix" from_port="matrix" to_op="Generate Report" to_port="through 1"/>
    <connect from_op="Generate Report" from_port="through 1" to_op="Report" to_port="reportable in"/>
    <connect from_op="Report" from_port="reportable out" to_port="result 1"/>
    <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
    </operator>
    </process>

Answers

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn

Thanks, I was not able to use the excel operator since I was exceeding the 65k bounderies, but using the export as html and then reimporting / converting to xml and so to exampleset worked out also.