How do I "Write Excel" out of ExampleSet output of "Analyze Sentiment"?

qchungqchung Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello community experts,

Tweets were collected using "Search Twitter" and the output was sent to "Analyze Sentiment" of AYLIEN. I'm happy about the output, and I want to export it. Is there a way to export the output from "Analyze Sentiment" to an Excel file? "Write Excel" operator seems to expect "out" (from a preceding operator) for its "inp".

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

If you have the output already in an example dataset, it should work.  I just tested the Aylien "analyze sentiment" operator and it works with the "write excel" operator, although it does give a warning (probably because it isn't transferring the correct metadata about its output).  However, if you've done some additional text processing after the "analyze sentiment" operator then you many need to add the "document to data" operator to convert it back to a normal example dataset before using the "write excel" or "write csv" file.  After that it should work fine!  

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • qchungqchung Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
    Solution Accepted

Thank you, Brian. So, it was a false alarm! And, yes, as you said, it worked just fine despite the warning.