Import HDF5 files with 7.4

chuckchuck Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

I'm a new user and want to import an HDF5 file, but the hdf5 extension in the market place is incompatable with 7.4.

Are there any other solutions?

Are previous versions of RapidMiner available.   This might allow conversion to RapidMiner format, then read back in to 7.4.

Thanks for any ideas.

Best Answer

• jczogalla_edujczogalla_edu Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted

Chuck and I communicated via E-Mail, and he posted the short-hand version already, so I will just do a quick follow up.

As of now, the HDF5 extension is not up to date on the marketplace, but a compatible version can be downloaded here. This is an extension jar file like RapidMiner would download from the market place. To install this manually, you have to copy the jar file into your extensions folder, which usually can be found in your user directory under ".RapidMiner/extensions".

I will make the extension available through the marketplace again as soon as possible.

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

The HDF5 extension is a 3rd party extension, so maybe you can gently nudge them to make it compatible to 7.4. :)

Sorry, older versions are not available unless you are customer. 

• VaclavVaclav RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 23 Maven

I think problem is with security manager in RapidMiner. Also our image extension has problem. It worked in 7.3 and in 7.4 not.

Maybe if there will be some service that will automatically sign extensions from trusted developers, it will be much easier to deliver an extension. Also not announcing these changes to developers does it harder.

• chuckchuck Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

The author says the latest version(5.5.6) is compatable with 7.4 but needs to be manually installed by copying the jre to the extensions folder and restarting.

• chuckchuck Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I believe there's a python module that lets you load in HDF5 files. You could use an Execute Python operator to read in that HDF5 file and process it downstream in RapidMiner

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

I've poked the Developer to have a look, i guess we can sort this out.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany