Install R extension

arhongarhong Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited July 2019 in Help
I tried to install R extension through Marketplace, however, that didn't work because of proxy setting.

Then I read something about downloading the jar file from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rapidminer/files/2.%20Extensions/
and copying into the 'plugin' folder.

My question is that there are three additional files listed for R extension:
src.zip, javadoc,zip and installer.exe
Do we need all these four files? Or one jar file is enough?

Thanks.

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

with RapidMiner Studio 6.4, we have deprecated the old R extension and released the "R Scripting" extension. You can simply download that from our marketplace: https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_r_scripting
    Then place it in your USER_HOME/.RapidMiner/extensions folder and start Studio again.

Cheers,
    Marco
  • arhongarhong Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded the rmx_r_scripting-ANY-6.4.0. However, I couldn't find the 'extensions' folder under  USER_HOME/.RapidMiner. Do I need to create one?

I have another question:
    Do you have a link to Python extension?
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

yes, you have to create it in your case.
    Python extension: https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_python_scripting

By the way, in the top right corner of the marketplace is a search field :)

Regards,
    Marco
    Thanks so much for your prompt response.

I put the 'rmx_r_scripting-ANY-6.4.0' file in the extensions folder. However, still couldn't find 'Execute R' in Rapidminer after re-start.

Do I need to do anything to build the connection between R and Rapidminer?
    The documentation for 'Execute R' specifies that
    'Before using this operator you need to specify the path to your R installation under Tools -> Preferences -> R Scripting. Your R installation has to include the 'data.table' package.'.

However, there is no 'R-scripting' tab under Tools -> Preferences in my RapidMiner
    Hi,

Sorry, I may have confused the folder where to put the extension. It's possible that the folder I mentioned will only be used from 6.5 onward, I'm not entirely sure at the moment. Can you instead put the extension into your Studio/lib/extensions folder?
    You should then find the operator in the "operators" view. You can then add it to your process and follow the instructions on how to set up R.
    The exact same process can be used for the Python extension as well.

Regards,
    Marco
  • 2009025020090250 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

Hello, I'm triyng to recognize one of the data samples with the R Scripting, per example in R the operation will be:

problem1.PNG

and if I want to read "Iris" with R

problem2.PNG

So, if a put in the R script

problem3.PNG

I have as result

problem1.PNGproblem2.PNG

why is that??? can you help me please??

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Look in the log view. Go to Show View > Log, those results are in there.