Is it possible to convert Real data type to Numeric data type

subhasisdasguptsubhasisdasgupt Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I was using Process Document from Data to get TF-IDF scores and by default they are coming under Real data type. There is no way I can convert Real to Numeric data type which restricts me in running PCA or SVD as they can accept only numeric data type. Any help in this regard will be very much appreciated.

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    To make it short: there is no such operator to convert real to numeric. However, I can apply the PCA after Process Documents without problems. Which version of RapidMiner and the Text Processing extension are you using"?

Best regards,
    Marius
  • subhasisdasguptsubhasisdasgupt Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
    I was using "Process Document from Data" operator in the earlier version of 5.3.1. I faced this problem over there and then, to have an work around, I used "Process Document" operator after converting data to document using "Data to Document" operator. There I did not find the problem. It might just be a bug I guess.
  • awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    Hello

Try "Format Numbers" immediately followed by "Parse Numbers".

regards

Andrew
  • CharlieFirpoCharlieFirpo Member Posts: 48 Contributor II
    Hello!

What about "Real to Integer" operator?

It can be very helpful if you have numbers (integers) in an .xls, because "Read Excel" operator automatically convert these integers into real numbers, so one has to convert these numbers back to integers.