RapidMiner

RapidMiner

Logging of operator Process Documents from files

Contributor

Logging of operator Process Documents from files

Hi,

I'm text mining roundabout 400 documents. Sometimes the process stops with an error (encryption error for instance). But I don't know at which files. I would like to adjust settings and read the logs at which file(s) the operator stops. How can I configure the logging for this purpose? Thanks all.

Richard van Dijk

5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Logging of operator Process Documents from files

I think you can put a LOG operator inside the Process Documents from File operator. In theory from there you might be able to use a macro that extracts the file name of the document. I don't remember if RM has a hidden macro like %{file} or something that you can extract. Maybe @mschmitz knows.

Regards,
T-Bone
Twitter: @neuralmarket
Highlighted
RMStaff

Hey,

just put a handle exception around and store the current file name in the catch phase?

Best,

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner
Community Manager

Ah yes, Handle Exception. Why didn't I think of that.

Regards,
T-Bone
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. How can I catch and store the current filename from the operator Process document from file? (I dont need a handle exception for that, It will stop at its last file)

Richard

Community Manager

You can use an exception log. Check out this tutorial here: http://docs.rapidminer.com/studio/operators/utility/process_control/exceptions/handle_exception.html

Regards,
T-Bone