Logging of operator Process Documents from files

richardvandijkrichardvandijk Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi,

I'm text mining roundabout 400 documents. Sometimes the process stops with an error (encryption error for instance). But I don't know at which files. I would like to adjust settings and read the logs at which file(s) the operator stops. How can I configure the logging for this purpose? Thanks all.

Richard van Dijk

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I think you can put a LOG operator inside the Process Documents from File operator. In theory from there you might be able to use a macro that extracts the file name of the document. I don't remember if RM has a hidden macro like %{file} or something that you can extract. Maybe @mschmitz knows.

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hey,

just put a handle exception around and store the current file name in the catch phase?

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Ah yes, Handle Exception. Why didn't I think of that.

• richardvandijkrichardvandijk Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Thanks for the reply. How can I catch and store the current filename from the operator Process document from file? (I dont need a handle exception for that, It will stop at its last file)

Richard

You can use an exception log. Check out this tutorial here: http://docs.rapidminer.com/studio/operators/utility/process_control/exceptions/handle_exception.html