ParameterIteration

TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 294 RM Product Management
edited November 2018 in Help
Original message from SourceForge forum at
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2060418&forum_id=390413

Hello All,

I am having a problem in applying a ParameterIteration operator rather than GridParameterOptimization. When i check the 
setup, i get the following error :

un 1, 2008 6:48:15 PM: Checking process setup...
P Jun 1, 2008 6:48:15 PM: Inner operators are ok.
P Jun 1, 2008 6:48:15 PM: Checking i/o classes...
P Jun 1, 2008 6:48:15 PM: [Error] ParameterSetWriter: ParameterSetWriter: ParameterSetWriter: Missing input: ParameterSet
P Jun 1, 2008 6:48:15 PM: [Error] There was 1 error.

I assume that the GridParameterOptimization operator outputs a ParameterSet, but the ParameterIteration operator does not. How can i solve this problem?

Many Thanks,

Harry

Answers

• TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 294 RM Product Management
    Hi Harry,

the ParameterIteration differs from the GridParameterOptimization in so far, as it does only repeatedly apply its inner operators without the intention to optimize the learning results by using different parameters. As a consquence it does not find a set of parameters which maximize the learning performance and hence it does not output a ParameterSet which could be written by the ParameterSetWriter. If you want to find such a set of optimal parameters you actually have to use an optimization operator such as the GridParameterOptimization or the EvolutionaryParameterOptimization.

Regards,
    Tobias