Problem with retaining selected parameters from drop down lists in Mac

psanyalpsanyal Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
I'm using RapidMiner Studio 6.0 Starter edition in Mac. When I choose a parameter for an operator from a drop down list, the value is lost as soon as I change the focus. For instance, for the Set Role operator, if I choose an attribute, say XYZ, and change its role to label, the value is lost as soon as I click somewhere else (i.e., change my focus). I've found a work around that is as follows: If after selecting XYZ attrbute, I add another random character, say a space after XYZ, and then remove the added character, then the value stays. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

The problem happens with many other parameters where something is to be selected from drop down lists (e.g., Select attributes). However, it doesn't happen for entry fields, e.g., Sample (where the desired sample size is manually entered).

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

thanks for the report! This sounds like a bug indeed. I'd like to ask a few additional details:

Which RapidMiner Studio version are you using?
    Which MacOS version are you using?
    Which Java version are you using?

Regards,
    Marco
  • psanyalpsanyal Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm using RapidMiner Studio 6.0 Starter edition. The problem occurs in both MacOS 10.7.3 and 10.9.4. Java version 7.
  • MichaelKnopfMichaelKnopf Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 31 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

This issue should be fixed in the upcoming release (RapidMiner Studio 6.1.001).

Thanks for the feedback,
    Michael