[Rapidminer 5.315] Archiving better stability and system usage

Remy_ZenoRemy_Zeno Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

Problem
Rapidminer takes a lot of CPU (between 80 and 99%) and hard-drive-usage is quite high. Additionaly, when confronted with large amounts of data, a book for example, it freequently freezes without giving any information. Freezing means, it doesnt accept neither input, nor commands, keeps using 50 to 100% of CPU and a huge amouth of allocated RAM. Freezes mostly occur at Numerical to Binominal or FP-Growth.

Hoped Solution
It like to trade speed to higher stabilty and lower system usage. Is there a way, may be in Form of java-settings, System-Settings or hidden Settings in Rapid-Miner to archive this? Alternatively, I have some older Notebooks here, is it possible to configure a server on them, so rapidminer wouldnt use the ressource of my productive system?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

what OS are you running RapidMiner on?
    Regarding your second question, you can use RM Server on your old notebooks. You can then execute your processes on the server, so they no longer tax the computer RapidMiner Studio is running on.

Regards,
    Marco