Options

"Rapidminer 6 does not open on Mac OS X 10.10.1 with Java 1.7_80"

jennyjajennyja Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Dear Users,

I have a problem with opening Rapidminer 6 on my Mac OS X. I already read the post about problems with Rapidminer Studio 6 on Mac OS X  (http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,7627.0.html) but even this didn't help. I installed Java version (JDK) 1.7.0_80 which should be the correct one.
When I want to open Rapidminer Studio 6 it seems to open for a second but then it closes again. Without any error message! Could you help me solving this problem?
Maybe I have some wrong settings in my Java Control Panel? What could be the problem?  :'(

Thank you in advance & best regards

Jenny
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    jennyjajennyja Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    I also tried to solve the problem by installing the Preview Release of the New Mac OS X Launcher as recommanded in the other post.
    But when I want to open this one I get the message:
    Please restart RapidMiner Studio manually for the update changes to take effect.

What does this mean?
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

which version are we talking about? Please use the latest RapidMiner Studio we released on Monday, 6.4.
    That version comes with a dedicated OS X .dmg installer. It no longer relies on previously installed Java versions and ships its own version bundled with it.

Regards,
    Marco